Tuesday, April 13, 2010

What The World Told Me


One day I sat alone, closed my eyes and listened…

I heard the Earth tell me to stand tall,
For she will support me

I heard the river say to let go of my tears,
For she will carry them away

I heard the stars sparkle to keep dreaming,
For their light will always be somewhere in the darkness

I heard the ocean whisper for me to sing my song,
For her waves will be my rhythm

I heard the moon smile,
Reminding me to fill my belly with her full-sky laughter

I heard the mountains rumble,
To have courage for they will protect me

I heard my own heartbeat with the wings of the sparrow,
My own breath with the wind,
My own spirit traveling with shape-shifting clouds,
And the world told me;

The colors of this world are your own.
Paint your masterpiece upon this canvas,
Let your brush move with the freedom of your heart
Guided by the knowledge that all things are One.
Be at peace with what is.
Let the colors dance with your eyes as the light fades…

Then I heard the sun;
Relax now. Rest dear one,
For I will always come back for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yoga in Joshua tree

Yoga in Joshua tree

Wings and Rock

Wings and Rock