Tuesday, April 13, 2010

My Celebration


I walk with wide hips
Because that is where I came from.

I move like the River because
That is where I grew strong.
I get my secrets from the ocean because
That is where I travel.

I let my hair grow long
So my roots grow back into the Earth.
I wear bright colors because
The butterflies showed me how.

I shine like the sun because
She is my Leo goddess.

My skin is brown like Earth because
That is what covers me while I dream.
I sparkle with dangling jewelry
So I can dance with the gypsies.
I walk with barefeet because
I have nothing to hide.
I watch with wide eyes because
Owl whispered in the night how much there is to see.
I sing as I bathe
So that whale can hear my memories.
I remember to look up because
The stars like to be noticed.

I am. What I am.
Because of these gifts.
I celebrate each day
How it all has come. To be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yoga in Joshua tree

Yoga in Joshua tree

Wings and Rock

Wings and Rock