Friday, April 23, 2010

Dark Skies, Dark Eyes

Dark skies, dark eyes
Open to the light
Moving softly with the birth of daylight
Let me look into you
So I can remember everything I knew

Last night the oceans sang to me soft and slow
Giving me the gift to show
How things move with grace
Effecting the smallest place
Nestled deep inside
Where there is always so much to hide

So I ask you to open wide,
Dark skies, dark eyes
Show me what you see when you sleep
Below the waves buried in the deep
Undertow of fear
Let the currents draw you near

I hold the moon for you
Above the waves with muscle and sinew
Salt water tears to keep you afloat
My body as your boat
Stars in my eyes
I sing my song to make music with your cries

Do not disappear
Clouds are not forever and skies clear
Birds fly
Freedom in blue sky
Moon belly, heart of fire,
Soul of Earth that will never tire.

I offer this to you as my gift
No matter where we drift
On the back of the moon
Inside the silver spoon
Dark Skies, Dark Eyes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yoga in Joshua tree

Yoga in Joshua tree

Wings and Rock

Wings and Rock