Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Moon in Pegasus



The Moon was in the constellation Pegasus tonight.
Silvery smile sparkling as she sat upon mythic horse wings.
They hovered over the River and
Told me to dream.
The River spoke as she always does.
Deep, graceful gurgling, and sing-song waves of wisdom.
I listened as I always do,
Full of water, aftertaste of Earth and swallowing it all.
I watched the night pass as the Moon straddled Pegasus.
They seemed to laugh together,
Wide horse smile and Moon mouth open.
Laughing a deep belly laugh,
Moon sat with her head tilted back.
Spilling moonbeams onto mountains,
Flooding out of wide River mouth,
Over boulders of bones and muscle mass of Earth.
I dreamed the Moon in my belly and the River in my mouth,
So that I could laugh too and
Feel the strong back of Pegasus between my legs while we
Glide across the river of dark sky.
Wide horse smile, Moon mouth open and full of River song,
Head tilted back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yoga in Joshua tree

Yoga in Joshua tree

Wings and Rock

Wings and Rock