Tuesday, April 13, 2010

River Ecstasy


Long ago I bathed in your waters.
I let my body open to your touch.
Spread my legs wide to the currents
And felt you flow inside of me.
Such is the feeling of ecstasy.


I touched smooth stones with my fingers,
Gripped them.
Desiring to know their edges
As I know yours.










I cupped my hands.
Brought your taste to my lips.
Held you on my tongue so as not to spill,
Not one drop of all that you are.

I swallowed you whole.
Currents, rapids and whitewater.
Traveling deep into my cavernous canyons,
Roaring with the excitement.

I shuddered with the thrill of it all,
How you filled me up.
I began to overflow.
Pouring out like lovers do,
Onto snowy blankets of hillsides
And a bed of earth so long been dry it cannot hold.

It all came;
Tumbling, fumbling towards ecstasy.
All twisted up in the waves that wash
Away and into, away and into.
Waves that crash deep into me.
Crash into me,
Again, again and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yoga in Joshua tree

Yoga in Joshua tree

Wings and Rock

Wings and Rock