Monday, August 29, 2011

A Prayer for Marriage

I pray that your days be precious and treasured together and alone.
I pray you cherish each other as your own unique essence without judgment or assumption.
I pray you feed each other with your deepest desires and keep the self and the other in the best of health.
I pray you find freedom in your togetherness to express your truest self.
I pray you venture together with the courage to pay attention.
I pray you risk enough to always tell the truth.
I pray for full belly, snorting laughter and for a safe place to cry.
I pray you both never stop exploring; the wilderness within and without.
I pray you look into each other’s eyes every morning with gratitude for the opportunity to breathe together for one more day.
I pray you each follow the journey of your bliss and find the faith and trust in each other, your marriage, and all of us gathered here today to keep going even in fear or doubt.
I pray this beginning together be a symbol of the rapture of being alive. As an individual and now… forever, united as one, creating the experience of life together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yoga in Joshua tree

Yoga in Joshua tree

Wings and Rock

Wings and Rock